The Ultimate Chicken Cobbler Recipe
Are you craving a comforting and delicious dish? Look no further than this incredible chicken cobbler recipe. Packed with juicy chicken, flavorful vegetables, and a buttery crust, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Follow our step-by-step guide to create a mouthwatering chicken cobbler that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Before diving into the recipe, gather the following ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Follow these simple steps to create a delectable chicken cobbler:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, and celery to the skillet. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, milk, flour, dried thyme, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet with the vegetables. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shredded chicken and frozen peas to the skillet. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the all-purpose flour. Mix until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough evenly onto the chicken mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
1. Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe?
Yes, using pre-cooked chicken is a great time-saving option. Simply shred the chicken and follow the recipe as instructed.
2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative?
Absolutely! You can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour to make this recipe gluten-free.
3. Can I freeze the chicken cobbler?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken cobbler. Let it cool completely, then cover tightly with aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container before freezing. When you're ready to enjoy it, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven until warmed through.
Indulge in the comforting flavors of chicken cobbler with this incredible recipe. The combination of tender chicken, flavorful vegetables, and a buttery crust creates a truly unforgettable dish. Whether you're serving it for a cozy family dinner or entertaining guests, this chicken cobbler recipe is sure to impress. Try it tonight and savor every mouthful!